Welcome to Pennell Elementary School's
PTO Website--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The PTO is a group of parent volunteers that work together to enhance the learning environment of our children. Check out the "What We Do" page to learn about all the activities that we are involved with for our children. If you would like to volunteer — and we would love to have you on board — please contact the appropriate Committee Head or email us at the address below.If you have any questions or comments, please email us at: PTO4pennell@gmail.comFor the most up-to-date information on all of our events, please "like" the Pennell PTO page on Facebook.------Check out our upcoming events: (Make sure to scoll down to see all of the upcoming events)The Pennell PTO is proud to sponsor the 2019 Variety Show and we are excited for another great show! The show is scheduled at Sun Valley High School on Friday March 22, 2019 at 6:00 pm. Lobby doors open at 5pm with concessions being sold. Auditorium doors will be open at 5:30pm. Our theme this year is welcome to "Pennell'Wood" The theme is designed to coordinate acts around anything. Acts can range from a favorite movie, songs, skits, commercials, specialty, etc. Think Hollywood!
Pennell Families Only - Pennell Pajama Jam Bingo Night!
SAVE THE DATE!!! This year's 5th Grade Bingo Night will be held in the Sun Valley Cafeteria on Friday, February 8th.
6:00pm: Doors open for Dinner (concessions sold until 8:30pm)
6:30-8:30pm: Bingo, Raffles, and Fun
Mystery Raffle will be on display at school. The children wil have the opportunity to purchase a chance for this awesome raffle in school and at the event.
Looking forward to a Family Night of BINGO, Prizes, Raffles, Music, Food
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Katebigelow@gmail.com with any questions or to volunteer.
All children must be accompanied by an adult.
All proceeds benefit 5th gradePennell Ice Works Skating PartyMonday, January 21, 201910:00 AM- 12:00 PMTickets are $10 which includes admission and skate rental! Please support our Pennell Penguins! Spend the holiday with all your friends!Science Explorers After-School Science Club
at Pennell Elementary for Grades 1-5:
The next club of the school year begins soon!!
Science Club will meet on Mondays at Pennell Elementary
after school from 3:30-4:30pm and is available to students in grades 1-5.
The next club topic, which begins on Feb. 4th, is ANATOMY ACADEMY:
Head, shoulders, knees and toes, eyes, ears, mouth and nose…lungs, heart, brain and skin…where should our Pre-Med club begin? Take a journey into the human body as you examine your heaviest organ (your skin!), find out how to make your memory better, and learn how the heart pumps blood. We’ll continue our fun in the lab as we grow polymer brains, examine a real sheep heart, made a model lung, and extract DNA from a banana.Mention Pennell when ordering and we will donate back 15% of sales and all delivery fees/tips to the organization.Tuesday December 4, 2018
CHRISTMAS COOKIE GRAMS!!! Flyers came home yesterday with your children so they could order their Christmas Cookie Grams for someone special! If you need an additional "gram sheet", just let us know and we can email or send in a hard copy for you.
The Cookie Grams will be delivered on December 14 at the end of the school day. The kids have so much fun giving their friends and teachers cookies (plus, they taste great!) :) If you have any questions, please let us know!!PTO MEETING: Tuesday October 9, 20186:30 pm in the school library
Great news!!! Our Spirit Wear sale is now live and will run through October 19th. Check out the great Pennell stuff!! Show your pride!!
Save the Date:
Pennell's Fall Fest 2018 is Friday, October 19th! Details will be coming home this week!
This is an outdoor event - bracelets will be sold in advance for $3 each. Please mark your calendar and get ready for a fun night: Moon bounces, face painting, caricature artists, games, trick or treat trail, and more!!
If you would like to volunteer some time please email email@example.com.
Concessions will sell pizza, chick-fil-a, pretzels, drinks, and more!!
We are looking forward to another fun Pennell Fall Fest!!
Our KidStuff Coupon Book fundraiser begins TODAY!!! Your child should have received their coupon book in their backpack today. Here's how it works:
- Take a look through the book, show to friends and family, and place your order! If you are just going to keep the one book, simply send $25 in your money envelope with your child's information on the back. If you are purchasing more than one, just fill out that quantity, send in the payment, and when the fundraiser is over on September 24, we'll send the books home with your child!
- For every 5 books a student sells, you get one FREE!!
- You can order books for many areas in PA, DE, and NJ (they are listed in the book). These books will be ordered for you.
- NEW THIS YEAR - There is an APP!!!! What a great addition! So many of us just use coupons on our phone, rather than walk around with hard copies. This makes life SO much easier!!!
- There are lovely new color coupons - most of which are valid through December 2019!
- Pennell PTO makes $12.50 per book - so sell, sell sell!! This is our first fundraiser of the school year and we need your support!!!Tuesday September 11, 2018 at 6:30 PMPlease join us for our first PTO Meeting of the year!! Meet our new principal, Mr. Leight, and hear all about what our organization will be up to this year!!