SafeArrival by SchoolMessenger
Report in 3 ways:
- Online @ go.schoolmessenger.com
- Via SchoolMessenger App (download at the Google or Apple App store or at go.schoolmessenger.com)
- By calling (888)635-0460
Report absences before start time and no later than 11am to prevent having to hand in a "written" paper note
At Penn-Delco, one of our greatest priorities is ensuring that all our students arrive safely at each school each day. To that end, we announce a new, more efficient student absence reporting system called SafeArrival. This new system will make it easier for you to report your child's absence in a timely manner and eliminate the need to submit an absence note.*
With SchoolMessenger's SafeArrival, you are asked to report your child's absence before the beginning of the school day by using any of these 3 convenient methods:
- Using your mobile device, download and install the SchoolMessenger app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store (or from the links at go.schoolmessenger.com). The first time you use the app, select Sign Up to create your account. Select Attendance then Report an Absence.
- Use the SafeArrival SchoolMessenger website, go.schoolmessenger.com. The first time you use the website, select Sign Up to create your account. Select Attendance then Report an Absence.
- Call the toll-free number (888) 635-0460 to report an absence using the automated phone system. This number is the same attendance reporting number for all Penn-Delco Schools.
Please note that your username and password are the same for either the mobile app, or the website. Options for reporting are available anytime, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week up to the cutoff time on the day of the absence.
In addition, we will use the SchoolMessenger Communicate automated notification system to contact parents whose child is absent when the absence is not reported in advance (before the school day begins or by 11am). The automated notification system will attempt to contact parents at multiple contact points for a reason for the absence. If our system is unable to reach the designated contacts, and the absence is not reported in the system by the daily cut-off (11am), parents must supply a written note.
If you report your child's absence using the SafeArrival toll-free number, website, or mobile app before the start of the school day, you will NOT receive these notifications and you will not need to supply a written note.
*If you do not use the SchoolMessenger SafeArrival absence reporting system by the cutoff time of 11am on the day of your child's absence, you will have to send in a written note within 5 days of the absence. Use our electronic absence note to be sure that your child's absence is recorded and considered lawful. By using the SchoolMessenger SafeArrival system, you negate the need for a written absence note.
Prepare to report an absence
Update your Skyward Student Information Account
In anticipation of the start of the SchoolMessenger SafeArrival attendance reporting system, we recommend parents/guardians first log into the Skyward student information system and click on the new Skylert section to make sure that all of your contact information (phone, email, and text numbers) is correct and preferences recorded. In order for the SafeArrival attendance reporting system to function, you must use the email and phone numbers listed in this system.
Have you opted into our text messaging system?
Would you like information sent via text? If you haven't already, opt in to the SchoolMessenger Communicate SMS text system by texting "Y" or "Yes" to our district short code 67587. By opting in for text messages and setting text as a preference, you can also receive attendance reporting confirmations (as well as other district communication) via text.