November 2019 Minutes
October 2019 Minutes
September 2019 Minutes
Aston Elementary PTL Meeting Minutes September 24, 2019
Annmarie Hegarty called the meeting to order at 6:36pm. Attendance sheet attached. This planning meeting was held in the Aston Elementary School Art Room.
- Set Event/Activity Dates: Fall Festival 10/18 (rain date 10/25); Holiday Shop 12/5-12/6; Family Bingo 2/6; Designer Bag Bingo 3/7; Movie Night 4/24; Yankee Candle has gone home already (expect week of 11/11).
- Market Day is Back, Possible Fundraiser. Ready to eat food delivered to your home, school receives 10%.
- Directory in the works, will be sent to Courtney likely within the next
- PTL Monies - Some examples - Provide each student with their Aston T-shirt; Teacher Vouchers; Requests for specific needs out to each grade to see what we can help
- Extra Help will be needed for Chairs since the ROTC
- Beginning of school year has gone very well!
- Phillies Gloves, 50 cents each, offered by one of the bus drivers who has store at Booths
- Thank you for Birthday Flowers!
- Possible interest for creating a Babysitting List that could be available through PTL, for parents who have needs/recommendations.
Balance as of 5/10/2019
- Thank you for the Welcome Back Breakfast!
- Planning for assemblies; 1. Kindness, 2. Financing
- Request for help from PTL with food purchase for Veterans Breakfast.
- Requesting help for 4th Grade Wax Museum in May, for the cardboard the kids decorate to report on. Wait for
- Potentially collect 4th Grade Costumes in
- Water Bottles, Can have donated from CWA if not for
- Fall Festival, 10/18/19
- Need help with stage since ROTC is no longer. Rachel, Maryanne, Possibly Boy Scouts?? - Reach
- Pumpkins will be 10/piece this year (.10 increase), Motion Approved. Hay will be donated also. Delivery should be around 3:30 in K lot.
- Possible Trunk or Treat to eliviate some help and manpower that will be needed for games??
- Field Day, hosted by Coach Bryan, 6/5/2020 (rain date 6/10). Lunch provided by PTL for students, teachers, and
- Aston in Action 1/16/2020. Snacks provided by PTL. Coach Bryan handles the rest; stations,
- Reading Counts. Grades 2-5, get to stay out longer for celebration outside if they reach their words. Celebration includes Dunk Tank, Cotton
6.. Home Room Parents. All teachers have selected their parents. Homeroom Parent Tea To discuss responsibilities will be held on 10/15 at 9:30am in the Library.
- Welcoming Committee. 6-8 new students this week.
- Family Bingo. Increasing price to enter, amount
- Movie Night. No rain date needed previously, however event did not happen last year Due to Tornado watch. Will add rain date from here on, with back up food
- School Store. 2nd Tuesday of the month starting in October, during recess in
- Holiday Gift Shop 12/5-12/6. Will need help with set up on 12/4. Students can spend up to $15. Everything is one
- Spirit Nights scheduled so far:
- Brusters 10/9, raindate 10/10 (not teachers scoop).
- Manbrosos 11/25 4-8pm
- Oasis 1/8/20 5-8pm, 50% comes back to the
- There was a scheduling mishap last year but we still received a check for our planned
- Possibly Camp Adventureland which is about to open in ?
- Spirit Wear. 590 items were ordered during sale. Fall Sale early
- Old items in closet, some donated to school
- Discount Cards. $15/card in April. There are some left that will be going out as offer to K parents for 7.50/card, good until the end of
- Designer Bag Bingo held in March. Donations
- Box Tops have changed. Will need to download app and scan receipt within a certain amount of
- No longer able to track for class competition, for Pizza
- Giant Rewards begin in
- Flowers from PTL to go to Nicole. Also individuals may send gift card donations for food, possibly donate through Venmo/Paypal.
- Kendra to shadow Jen Morris as PTL VP this (Jen’s son is in 5th grade). Motion approved.
- Discussions of potential Homework
- Group with Tutor. Snacks 320-4 ish, 4-5
- PTL cover snacks, would need a parent volunteer to
- Possible Neumann student ?
- Cost would be less for PTL
- School Kits. Would be ordered online and delivered to the school prior to start of school year. Company sent Kendra a sample, $22 for particular kit. Additional options available.
- To put out there for next
Meeting adjourned at 8:00pm