Formal writing is writing that reflects sophistication in grammar and usage.
Things to know for your paper:
· It is imperative that you formulate your own, strong thesis for the topic you intend to discuss.
· The thesis must be related to characterization or theme.
· All formal writing rules apply.
· Should be a four- or five-paragraph paper
· If you are uncertain what this means, contact a student who has had me previously, or do some research. This has been taught to you before.
· Remember all of our conversations regarding formal vs. informal.
· Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL)